Local authority fire and rescue services attended around 495,400 incidents in England during 2014-15.
There were 258 fire fatalities in England.
There were 3,235 non-fatal fire hospital casualties over the same period.
Causes of workplace fires:
- Electrical equipment and wiring
- Portable Heaters
- Poor Housekeeping / Accumulated Rubbish
- Hot Working Practices
QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Fire Safety (QCF)
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Fire Safety (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specially designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens or fire marshals.
Who can apply for this course?
Anyone can apply for the course.
Module 1 – Fire Basics.
Module 2 – Controlling the risks.
Module 3 – Fire Safety Management.
Module 4 – Fire Wardens.
During the course, you will use a range of e-learning interactions including questions and quizzes, drag and drop interactions and free text entry activities.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
The assessment is a 30-question multiple-choice online examination.