Did you know NVQ Assessors and Verifiers do not require CSCS cards?
On these occasions the CLC accepts the person visiting site would not be expected to carry a CSCS, but there should be clear industry guidance for non-construction personnel.
Amongst the occupations not required to carry a CSCS card are NVQ Assessors and Verifiers.
Following agreement with Build UK, CSCS has issued the following guidance for NVQ Assessors and Verifiers:
- CSCS cards are intended for construction related occupations only
- Whilst vitally important to the industry, the activity of assessing or verifying a worker on a construction site is not considered a construction related activity
- Therefore, NVQ Assessors and Verifiers are not required to hold a CSCS card
- It is the responsibility of site managers to ensure all non-construction related personnel are inducted to the site and kept safe at all times
- A risk assessment should be carried out if necessary, and the site visitor should be escorted at all times
- NVQ Assessors and Verifiers will be visiting candidates who hold valid CSCS cards and these individuals could act as the Assessors and Verifiers escort whilst on site.
CSCS is aware that some constructions sites still operate a fully carded workforce policy. If your entry to such a site is refused because you do not hold CSCS card, please ask the site manager to view this article on the CSCS website.