For anyone who may have to use ladders of any description at work, to include Hazards and pre-use checks, positioning and safe use.
The course will include:-
- Identify all types of work where work at height is necessary
- Assessing whether the work can be done without the need to work at height
- Identify if other safer means of access can be used such as, a tower scaffolds or powered access such as a cherry picker or a scissor lift.
- Identify the remaining work for which ladders can still be used. Restrict this to short-duration, light-duty work based on a suitable assessment of the risks.
- Consultation of method statements or risk assessments.
Plus procedures in place for:-
- Choosing the right ladders for the job (length & strength)
- Identifying each ladder so that you can keep track of it
- Routine, recorded inspections of ladders and a procedure for withdrawing unsafe ladders from use
- Secure storage away from sources of accidental damage
- Providing adequate supervision by a competent persons.
Our training methods are powerpoint prestentation with hand outs. Discussion throughout will be encouraged. There will be questions and answers at the end of the course and a certificate of attendance.